The Praesidium team possesses more than 70 years of collective experience. The key personnel of the Praesidium Management Team are:
Akhtar Hanif Aziz – Managing Director
FCA (England & Wales), CA (Pakistan), CFE (USA)
Mr. Akhtar Hanif Aziz is an economics graduate and fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. After his qualification from the Institute, he worked for Haines Watts, a leading Chartered Accountancy firm in the UK. During the economic boom in the UK, he gained experience in the areas of mergers, acquisitions and buyouts and he most often led troubleshooting assignments. After he left the UK in 1990, he headed the KPMG offices located in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. This gave him the opportunity to handle audit and consultancy assignments of mega-conglomerates like Sabic, Shell, BP etc, during which time he was the financial supervisor of the Olefin project worth US$ 1.20 billion. In 1993, he joined Etisalat, a Telecom giant in Abu Dhabi, UAE, as Chief Internal Auditor and thus honed his skills in fraud detection, investigation and prevention.
Mr. Akhtar also specializes in the use of Computer Assisted Audit Tools (CAATs), such as Audit Command Language (ACL) and i2. These tools are primarily used to analyze organizational data to highlight and inquire into areas needing further investigation. He is internationally recognized for his Revenue Assurance skills, having been a Member and Chairman of FIINA- Forum of International carriers for Irregular Network Access, an association of more than 150 telecom operators from more than 85 countries. As Chief InternalAuditor at Etisalat, he was also responsible for pre-auditing and vetting all contracts worth billions of US $.
Mr. Akhtar has been a member of various international investigation and analysis committees in the telecom sector. By virtue of his international assignments, he has valuable contacts and working relations in more than 40 countries of the world. His extensive portfolio also includes international assignments and negotiations for out-of-court settlements. His successful dealing with international organizations led to his appointment with Pakistan Telecommunications Co. Ltd (PTCL), where he worked as Senior Executive Vice President for three years.
He has extensive experience in the areas of:
- Fraud Detection, and Investigation
- Revenue Assurance
- Contract Vetting
- Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- Detection of Irregular Network Access
- Usage of CAATS
Mohammad Ashraf – Managing Partner/Consultant (IT/ERP)
B.Sc. (PU, Lahore), SDLC (UK), Databases/BI (UAE), EAM/ERP/CRM (UK/USA)
Mr. Mohammad Ashraf has over 40 years of IT experience, mainly in Oil/Gas and Power Generation (Nuclear & Non-Nuclear) sectors. He is proficient in Enterprise Asset Management (EAM – Ventyx PassPort/Asset Suite, IBM Maximo, SAP and Oracle eAM/Siebel CRM) systems and their integration with each other and EDM (FileNet/Documentum). He also possesses an excellent proven record in SDLC, Unix/Linux, Infrastructure, Oracle Database Design & Management, DWH/BI, and Training.
Mr. Ashraf has earned an international repute and worked with multinational companies in different countries. He is a quality oriented and customer focused team player who possesses a wealth of professionalism, strong work ethics and positive attitude with outstanding problem-solving skills.
Working as Senior/Principal Technical Consultant, he has performed his EAM/ERP/CRM, Customisation, Documentation, Data Management, Data Mapping/Migration, Infrastructure, Project Management and Training roles successfully in the following countries:
- UK: Indus/Ventyx Offices, British Energy and Magnox Nuclear sites
- USA: Indus/Ventyx Offices and NextEnergy Power Plant
- Canada: BC Hydro Nuclear Plants & Accenture offices, Vancouver
- Italy: AGIP – EniData, Milan
- Czech Republic: APP Office (Prague) & CEZ Power Plants
- Hungary: Paks Nuclear Power Plant & Accenture office, Budapest
- Estonia: Eesti Energia, Tallinn
- France: Electricity de France (EDF) Nuclear Power Plants, Paris
- Romania: Cernavodă Nuclear Power Plant (CNE)
- U.A. E.: Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. for Distribution (ADNOC-FOD) & Abu Dhabi Marine Areas Operating Co. (ADMA-OPCO)
- Bahrain: Bahrain Petroleum Company (BAPCO)
- Kuwait: Kuwait Oil Company (KOC)
& Kuwait Gulf Oil Company (KGOC)
Ashraf’s Core Skills:
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- EAM/ERP (Ventyx PassPort & Asset Suite, IBM Maximo, Oracle eAM/Siebel CRM, SAP and many other Open Source systems, like ODOO, xTuple, Sage, NetSuite, WorkWise, Exact, etc.)
- Energy Trade and Risk Management (ETRM)
- Project Management
- Management of Operating Systems (Mainframes & Unix/Linux)
- Design and Management of Databases – Oracle and SQL Server
- Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence
- Data Management, Data Load & Migrations
- Systems Integration – Heterogeneous ERPs, Document Management Systems (FileNet, Documentum, etc.) and Legacy Systems
- Technical and Functional training
- Documentation – Requirements Gathering, Feasibility Study, Hardware Sizing Study, Systems Analysis, Gap Analysis, System Design, System Specifications, Program Specifications, Customisations, Technical Plans, Implementation Plans, Performance Plans, Disaster & Recovery Management.
Besides working as a Freelance Consultant, he has also served in the following companies :
- ABB/Ventyx UK Limited – Senior/Principal Technical Consultant (EAM/ERP – Oil/Gas & Energy/Power Generation)
- Wipro UK Limited – Senior Data Management Consultant & Principal Technical Consultant (EAM NuclearTeam)
- Indus International/Ventyx UK Limited – Senior Technical Consultant
- Abu Dhabi Marine Areas Operating Company – Lead Systems Engineer & Systems Specialist/Coordinator
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company for Distribution – Senior Analyst/Programmer
- moDecor/Muloco (UK/Ireland) – Freelance Consultant for Open Source ERPs
- Bilal Islamic University / Ishaq Memorial Trust Hospital, Lahore – General Manager & Head of IT/Modern Education
Details of Ashraf’s work history can also be seen at the LinkedIn (http://uk.linkedin.com/in/ashrafmohammad)
- Has qualifications from internationally recognized prestigious institutes and universities.
- Has diverse professional background and experience of working with banking, aviation, audit, management consultancy, petroleum, telecom and pharmaceutical organizations in the multinational and public sector.
- Chartered AccountantsCertified Internal Auditors (CIA)
- Cost & Management Accountants
- Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE)
- MBA’s & MPA’s
- Certified Information Systems Auditors
- Law Graduates
- Certified Financial Analysts (CFA)
Associates and Affiliates:
Praesidium has formed alliances with renowned international Forensic Accounting and Revenue Assurance firms in the UK and USA. Associates and affiliates also include Law firms, IT solution-providers. At Praesidium, there is no compromise on quality. Allegiances are formed with only the best in the business. Praesidium clients can be assured that when they form a relationship with us, they will get the best Accounting, Auditing, Investigation and Revenue Assurance services and also the best Legal advice, complete IT solutions and reliable HR services.